Lets Talk About Spacers

Totally agree Rodney. I took your advice early on when choosing my wheels. My only complaint is that the lack of significant sidewall eliminates the only real suspension the 2002 came with - the tires. I could have gone with 12" wheels and gotten more sidewall but struggled to find them so I snatched these up and am really happy with them.

I have golf cart wheels too. No spacers. 12" won’t clear the disk brakes on the front.

Interesting point. I have all drum brakes currently but never thought about disks clearning if I were to upgrade. Either way, I’ve got the 14" so I’m good. Will keep that in mind when I pimp my 2 seater this winter

Mr Vern
Do you know if your tires are considered turf or street tires?

They are listed as “DOT Golf Cart Tire”. Sounds like you get your cake and can eat it too. Our golf pro did tell me that they are fine on our course so I’d say definitely DOT approved and seem to be turf approved as well.

Thanks for answering all of my questions. We don’t golf (yet) so it will be used on the street 99% of the time. I thought I wanted a 14" wheel but now I’m not sure. If I go with a smaller wheel I can increase the profile of the tire which would soften the ride a little. I really like the idea of bolting them on without the use of spacers. I’m also not crazy about the odd ball off brand tires. I really wanted a regular passenger car tire but they don’t make them in the size that you are using. 30+ years ago I used to install aftermarket wheels and tires on cars all the time. It was pretty easy. I never thought this would be so complicated. Thanks again for your info.

I tried spacers, and thought about grinding or machining for more clearance, but just got a couple matching 14s up front. Some 12s will fit I suppose. Mine did not.