Installing HID xenon headlights on newer GEM?

@JarJarJava have you got your lithium batteries in and given it a shake down? If so how many miles are you getting on a charge? If I remember correctly you got a 2p15s pack?

Haven’t had a chance to put the pack together. Had some things that got in the way.
2p14 was the plan. There was a possible issue with 15 and sailing past the max voltage of the controller due to regen, so we dropped it to 14 cells. @INWO

I dunno the “right” leds are/will make a huge difference. I personally am a fan of the gtr and morimoto(I believe same company)

Hey Derrick, I never did get back around to figuring out which model & year Polaris Ranger had headlights that would fit Emmy. IIRC, you, I and Dave all have either '14 or '15 models so the body panels should all be the same.

I thought someone, @djgabriel2004 maybe(?), posted a photo or link to a Ranger upgrade kit, but dammed if I can find the post.

Anyway, I tried eight, ten, possibly twelve “drop in” H4/2003 LED lamps and, out of what I tried, only two would fit in the Hella M133 housings. Which, BTW, the Hella M133 is technically an off-highway only fixture in the US I believe.

I stuck with the the fan cooled Hikari red box “lamps”
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0943P5ZL8/

I tried some other Hikari brand “lamps” and they didn’t fit.

The only other “lamp” of the ones I tried that fit was the fan-less Sealight brand below.
https://www.amazon.com/H4-9003-HB2-Headlight-SEALIGHT/dp/B07KXTZCKV

Light output was about the same Hikari vs Sealight, just that with MY set of reflectors, the Hikari focused better. YMMV.

There was an improvement in light output over the stock 55W halogen lamps, I’ll have to dig up my notes to see how much according to my meter, but It wasn’t earth shattering, it was enough to notice with the naked eye though. Of course the higher color temp was the big improvement.

I’ll also pull together a list of all the “lamps” I tried that didn’t fit, maybe save someone a little aggravation and few amazon returns. .

Hey You guys that are putting LED bulbs in a NON projector headlamp your not getting the results cause the LED and HID bulbs need to be paired with a Projector Lenses

Lots of info on you tube about LED and HID bulbs but in short the LED bulbs need the light re-focused with a projector lenses. It takes the Un focused “fragmented light” and puts it back together kind of like a magnifying glass in focus and on the road. What you guys have now is a Bright light that’s not shooting forward

Excellent explanation Grant. Thank you. Well put into layman’s terms. All of which I know, but I can assure you, with high certainty, had I tried to explain it in my current stage, it would have come out as of many paragraphs of math & science theory that would only have been understood or of value to those who always understand it.

Case in point, when I was testing the “bulbs” I was taking light meter readings. But they were direct exposure readings and I was taking measurements to convert them to lumens (a circular measure) to make it more applicable to post here.

Thankfully, the SD card in that camera crashed.

I would love to have the Hella LED M133 lights, because don’t have many options for the hood I have without cutting and new fiberglass, but they don’t appear to be imported into the US. A good friend in the U.K. tried to source a pair for me, but they were $500-ish per fixture + VAT.

I can’t afford $1k for a pair of headlights on a craft brewing industry salary…

You could always add some Led Pods.
Rigid and Baja Designs make some great Jm

4 or 6 led pods that could Mount on the rail system and give you that “High Beam death Ray “ that is o so fun!

Just remember Spots will give you distance and floods will give you a shorter but wider light pattern. Some lights have both a Spot and a Flood combined!

So, I recently replaced my halogen headlights H4/9003 with LED ones. I bought them from Amazon, but unfortunately, the first three didn’t fit. So, I returned them, and the four highlights fit perfectly. I also bought something new and unusual, these car lights also from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/car-lights-car-led-lights/dp/B09L86JRRM. I said that I had to try them because I’m planning to go on long trips with my family this summer. So, it’s gonna be a lot of fun for my kids since these lights sync with the beats of the music.