Hood Fender to Mud Flap trim piece - 02 gem (and probably many others)

Hello all,

I am looking to replace the little metal/rubber U channel trim piece that goes between the hood fenders to the mud flaps to prevent rubbing. I can only find it in a 12ft role for over $100! They wont sell per foot either. Anyone else have a source?

Is this what you’re looking for?

2 Likes

I might have some left out in the garage from my 02 that parted out & scrapped, I can look this weekend, but just to warn you, my trim can only go 12.9 mph.,

I’m pretty sure I ordered that from nevaccessories.com. @jonbbrew can have my extra if that’s what he’s looking for.

Is there anything on this page that might work?

1 Like

awesome. Do you have enough for both fenders?

yeah, there should be plenty. If i recall, I think it’s just attached at the top of the hood and then protects from rubbing on the mud-guard. I don’t think you need to go down the full hood or mud-guard.

PM me your address and I’ll send you what I’ve got.

Thanks! Done! I appreciate it.

Only found short strips on my 2002.

Thanks. I keep forgetting about that company.

Yep. I was just looking for the fender black ones and looks like @Erniea15 can help me out. I haven’t dove into replacing the white ones around the body yet. Maybe a future project. They are all there, but look a little faded and dirty. Be nice to have them white again. They are a different type of trim though right? The black stuff has metal in it to clamp down, but the white doesn’t even look like its a U channel. Dont want to tear it apart just to look…yet… :grinning:

:joy:[quote=“jrjava, post:3, topic:24675, full:true”]

I might have some left out in the garage from my 02 that parted out & scrapped, I can look this weekend, but just to warn you, my trim can only go 12.9 mph.,
[/quote]

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

EXACTLY! :+1:t3: :+1:t3: :+1:t3:

Oh- You wanted the trim with the metal insert?
(For all future shoppers)

1 Like

I have the white trim that was around the dash I think. A little dirty but I think that would come off with soap or a pressure washer. I’m not sure if my 02 even came with the black trim on the front. It was the long bed truck model and previous operators used it like one. It got worked hard. Hoping I can get time to look for it tomorrow.