Power: 3.1kW
Rate voltage: 48V
Rate current: 100A
Rate torque: 8.28Nm
Rate rotate speed: 3,600rpm
Maximum speed: 40kph
Maximum climbing angle: 8°
Distance per charge: 60km

do you use Deep-Cycle or Starting AGM Batteries ?

Supposed to be a dual purpose battery.

Wow where did you find that info.

I know Autozone right. I refuse to work on anyone’s car that want me to put on Autozone parts. But they were the only place that had batteries cheap. This car is for resale. If it were mine it would have Trojans in it.

Yes, and one of those purposes is “ballast”

1 Like

Spoken like a boater. I got some O’Riley 31 DCM’s that I’ll try and see if that does the trick.

Here are the pics of the controller. I swapped the batteries wit known good 31 DCM’s and it was the same 5.4 miles and down to 20 percent. I’ll check voltage before controller and after when I get a chance. Thanks for the help.

Have you checked for dragging brakes? That will murder the range in a hurry.

Ya I can roll it with two fingers.

Thanks for all the help. I loved your ballast comment.

Very impressive. I can’t roll it with seven fingers; three on the left and four on the right.

I swapped the batteries wit known good 31 DCM’s

Yes- check the voltages. Depending on how that car is calculating SOC it may not be very accurate. It is probably a Voltage based display and it probably dips real bad on accel. Measure your batteries at rest, and again as you are driving around. I bet those batteries all dip real bad.

12v battery SOC%

Check all connections. They all need to be real clean. Resistance = heat. Your electrons are blowing off your car with the wind.

Possibly that’s all you are going to get out of this car.

I keep forgetting that this is a 48v system and dealing with all golf cart components. They might have had to crank up the amps to get that 3.1 motor to push this cart around. Lower voltage requires more amps to do the same work and doing it with 2/3 the capacity (4 of 6 batteries).

Depending on what you will be doing with this cart, Perhaps an upgrade is in order?
Get rid of the lead and go lithium. This will give you a stable power pack and shed at least a couple hundred pounds of lead.

If you really want to go hotrod - Rewire that thing for 72v lithium, put in a better motor and controller.

Thanks,I’ll check the voltages this week. Can’t put a lot of money into it because it’s for resale. But that would be a fun car with 72 volts.