Ford Think Neighbor NO Drive, Reverse & Turf OK

I have the cluster out trying to figure out whats going on. I am an electronics technician by trade. I notice that when I jumper pins 1 & 4 on J5 that both the Turf and Drive signals go high on J7A (pins 3 & 5). I’m guessing this is not supposed to happen. Can someone point me in the right direction here?

Thanks,
Bob

Seems normal. Forward plus turf at controller. = turf I don’t know what J5 is though.

J5 is the key switch connector. So are you saying both Turf and Drive pins should be high when in Drive?

I assume, yes, as both go high at controller.
F or R, only is normal. Add turf pin high for turf.

So let me clarify the conditions for you. The cart functions correctly in Turf and Reverse. When I put the key to Drive, there is NO contactor closure and also no 12vdc power going to lights, etc. It’s the weirdest thing. The Reverse pin is the only pin that goes high when in reverse. The Turf pin is the only pin that goes high in Turf mode. The Drive pin and Turf pin both are high in Drive mode. Any thoughts??

Clarify your use of “Pin” in your description.

Pin on controller harness plug?
Pin on the back of the Key switch?

When I put the key to Drive, there is NO contactor closure and also no 12vdc power going to lights, etc. It’s the weirdest thing.

When in Drive, is the cluster still active?
Or does it go blank too?

J7A pins on cluster which feed motor controller. When in drive the cluster is active MINUS the battery level indicator…

Can you verify that pins 1 & 2 on the controller are active at all Key/direction conditions?
It’s almost like controller is going to sleep(losing SOC data) When key goes to Drive.

Direction pins on controller are p4-Fwd, p5-Rev, p6-Turf.
Be aware that sometimes probing this connector (using a large meter probe) can mess with the springs in the socket. If you have flaky contact here, you might need to disassemble and give a little tweak to the wipers.