Error 16, but Isn't?

I ordered those and they never came in. Let us know.

Will do. From that same site or different source?

Looks like I’ll be busy this weekend

What does the end view of that look like?

Both sides look the same. Just did a quick test fit on the top battery, didn’t click it into place. I got 3, will cut the 3rd one in half

Had a few extra minutes last night and got them on. Will do some better cable management this weekend. Each has 2x 6ga cables, perfect for the Anderson connector…which has been reduced down to only 1 now, attaching to the BMS.

TLDR: make sure you have solid connections.

Everything seems to be back to normal. Cells 9 and 17 still dip more than the others, so maybe they are a bit weak (if so probably from my own doing with sketchy connections :man_facepalming:)?

While I did capture live data like last time, I failed to save it to my phone. Guess it doesn’t save automatically…which I like because #security, albeit inconvenient. All I have is my screen recording of my test drive. For anyone interested, here are some key bookmarks you can skip around to so you won’t have to waste 10~minutes watching it through:

Beginning until 2:18 is just normal driving in DL
2:18-2:26 mark is DH with instant 80%~90% acceleration; cell voltage drop diff of .200~ on cells 9, 17, but recovers quickly.
2:52-3:20 Gradual acceleration up to 100% throttle and hold. About .100~ voltage drop diff on same cells.
3:47 switch over to GPS app to test top speed in DL; 22mph.
4:39 back to BMS to check cells while in top speed of DL; .050~ cell diff on same cells. 50a~ usage.
5:56 top speed test in DH, gradual acceleration; 33mph
6:58 back to BMS app for DH top speed test; cell diff of .200~, 205a
7:40-end normal driving in DH, gradual throttle up to 100%, 34mph, 150a max, settles around 100a~

So looks like the case is solved, no funny business happening, just classic case of loose connections and inexperience in diagnosing/utilizing the BMS. Just glad this lesson didn’t end up in a ruined pack (minus possibly 2 cells? hope not).

Here’s a link if anyone else has these packs and want the OEM cables. Shipped from USA and took about a week to come in
https://www.bmwpartsdeal.com/parts/bmw-hv_accumulator_cable_positive-61277544894.html

Probably not weak cells. I think the bottleneck connection is still there, just not as bad.

If you want to check, move the balance wire pickup to the other side of the big interconnect wire.

You also said something about going down to using only one pin on the Anderson plug?

Mind showing me that at a 3rd grade level please? If that was already 3rd grade, move it down to 1st grade please :blush:. Long day, not firing on all cylinders currently

No just 1 Anderson connector total, using both pins. Down from using 4 previously