Electric NASCAR pace car

April 25, 2012:
Ford reveals photos of Focus Electric NASCAR pace car

A Co-worker mentioned to me that such Pace Car Vehicles need to be able to pull 140 mph steady for the Pace Lap!! If True - then this is all the more impressive! Way to go Ford!

If it were possible - I would like to have this vehicle on display ate EV Fest 2012 Electric Vehicle Show! (EV Fest Electric Vehicle Show, Toronto’s Premier Electric Vehicle Festival) Anyone want to help me make that happen?

[QUOTE=myelectricfly;11615]April 25, 2012:
[/QUOTE]

Some NASCAR Sourced News on this!
Ford to use all-electric pace car at Richmond.

TriplePundit Says:
NASCAR Goes Green with All-Electric Ford Focus Pace Car

If you have ever raced a tiny electric car around a plastic track in your parents’ basement while imagining yourself behind the wheel, this one’s for you: for the first time ever, NASCAR will feature an all-electric pace car at its NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race coming up at Richmond International Raceway on April 28.

More about the Ford Focus EV:

Ford Focus EV Team Takes Steps to Avoid Chevy Volt’s Pitfalls.

unlike other EV manufacturers, Ford will be building the Focus EV on the same production line as the gas-powered, hybrid and plug-in hybrid versions.

Ford to Launch New Electric and Hybrid Vehicles.

"[I]Ford is introducing a new range of electric, hybrid and plug-in hybrid passenger vehicles for 2012, which the company says will mean a third of their vehicle lines will feature a model with 40 miles-per-gallon, or more, next year.

A 100% electric version of the latest generation Ford Focus, will initially go on sale in California , New York and New Jersey, with subsequent expansion into a total of 19 U.S. launch markets.[/I]"

Ford Announces Plan to Sell Rooftop Solar Panels with Electric Vehicles

Auto companies with electric vehicle offerings are increasingly taking the opportunity to build links between their vehicles and renewable energy. Perhaps in response to those who say (incorrectly) that EVs do nothing to help mitigate carbon emissions

Not that Solar PV Panels are the only way to make Electricity from the sun, other techniques include Solar Thermal - using the Suns Energy concentrated on a tower to make steam to drive turbines that spin generators!

As in Nevada - see: Solar Farming Potential in India

The newest crop in India could be electricity from the sun. “Solar Farming” can help change India’s energy economy to clean and efficient renewable energy during the day when it is needed the most, create millions of jobs, and could help India achieve energy independence and better national security.

Robert Weekley

It looks stylish and technically very advanced as its exterior is presenting it in a petrol or diesel car.

this is great!

[QUOTE=myelectricfly;11615]April 25, 2012:

A Co-worker mentioned to me that such Pace Car Vehicles need to be able to pull 140 mph steady for the Pace Lap!! If True - then this is all the more impressive! Way to go Ford!

If it were possible - I would like to have this vehicle on display ate EV Fest 2012 Electric Vehicle Show! (EV Fest Electric Vehicle Show, Toronto’s Premier Electric Vehicle Festival) Anyone want to help me make that happen?[/QUOTE]

Great job Nascar! This is big introducing EV to car enthusiast !