E6 Motor 7.0HP VS 7.5HP

I believe the rear compartment is the same in an E6 as and E4. There are 6 batteries back there. Then under the middle row seat there is room for 3 more batteries.

Ok so you guys have definitely sold me on not wasting the moeny on the 7.5 HP motor. so few questions here.

1. So by going to the lithium pack am i only saving weight? (which is important yes) is it providing any more power? It seems from looking at your videos the nissan leaf pack is 80V which is a little more then the 72v our gems come with.

2. Do you need a new controller or does the factory controller able to power the 80V leaf pack?

3. Do you need a new charger? seems alot of your posts talk about a different charger to maintain the lithium packs, so do you just toss the factory charger?

Building a lithium ion pack means you can pick the voltage.
84v is the maximum voltage allowed by stock controller.
20 cells (20s) is the maximum number. 4.2v per cell is absolute limit without damage to cell.
Which comes out to 84v@20s.

Most will recommend lower terminal voltage of 4v 0r 4.1v.
Then 21s is ideal for stock controller and charger.

Charger does a fair job as-is charging to about 84v.

For a performance increase, go to higher voltage/cell count.
I run 24s/100v maximum.
The stock controller can be spoofed into accepting the extra voltage. As with any hotrodding, may be risks.

The highest setting of delta-q charger and dc-dc converter match the 100v.
Only the heater is an issue. Life is shortened to about 2 minutes.:persevere:

Some of the volt packs I build can be tapped anywhere from 20s rto 24s. Changed by user if needing another setting.

1 Like

http://www.mzmotorsport.com/shop/motors/11-0-hp-72v-nev-motor-sealed/

I noticed grantwest youtube videos he referenced a site called mzmotorsports who lists a 25HP peak motor for $1000. Is this similar to 7.5 hp motor? or is this an advanced option. According to Grantwest video he also sent his controller into flight systems and they upgraded it from 300amp to 500amp. These options seem like they would increase speed dramatically without going lithium?

this is his video referencing a 9.5 hp motor (earthquake motor), and lists in the video they have a 14hp motor (widow maker motor)

Grant has tried both.
If you go the high amp route, you get speed and power at the expense of range and efficiency. Hotter motor and controller.
Wiring and circuit breaker are designed for 300a max.
One thing leads to another.
To get range back you need more batteries. More weight and diminishing returns.

No upgrade will be perfect, going against the factory engineering. Changing anything means you have a hobby rather than transportation.

Good point on range. With the lithium pack does it increase range? Im at 25 miles with 9 8v batteries.

It has for me.
We should know how Grant’s works soon.

Hey are you selling the lithium upgrade kits?

I think @grantwest Ca. has a Bolt battery, and another was just listed by @LithiumGods in Fl.
I’m in Mn.

Mike has a 20 cell bolt for $2700. It would need some work to be turn key drop in battery. Dave has the BMS’s and the Chargers. If you have. $3500+ we could put something together for you.