E Tuk continued from MM thread

I’m unable to find specs for your tuk tuk. Do you have a link to something?

The front tire is 155/70R/12. The rear tires are 185/70R/13. I don’t know how to pull the gear ratio.

These are the only specs I have access to. I can contact eTuk USA on Monday (if they’re still open). I heard COVID-19 put a hurt to their business.

Dave , What is max voltage for the curtis ?

You guys need to start a seperate thread for this

That motor should push you well past 50kph.
What controller does it use? The box where the motor cables connect.

I haven’t found any information on the gear ratio and don’t know how to figure it out. Yesterday you mentioned having a programmer to increase the speed. This is my immediate project while building a faster eTuk is secondary. Do you rent or sale this programmer and provide directions on how to reprogram the controller? I’m wanting to complete this project very soon.

I bought one for my Miles truck, but never used it.
Any golf cart dealer should have one.

Ok thanks! Do you recommend a user friendly programmer?

I just watched a video on YouTube. I think I have it figured out. I appreciate your quick assistance. Please keep me in mind when coming across a powerful motor and suggested gear ratio to reach the 100mph range.

Your Curtis can only do 8k rpm.
We can get you a Sevcon that will turn your oem motor >9k rpm.

If you don’t mind then I’d take you up on that offer. I’ll refund you on shipping and be willing to give you a deposit. I’m not bad business so I’ll keep things professional and meet dates set by you.

If I can get this eTuk to 35pmh or faster then I’m fine. I’m trying to find another eTuk that will be strictly built for speed or trick out my e4 that I’m not using.

Send me $10 for goods. That will let me print a label.
I guess that I should get a $250 deposit, but I’m not worried. :slight_smile:

Just sent $10. I’ll send it back in 2 days via FedEx.Looks simple to make the changes from what I seen on YouTube. I just want to give it an extra day to make sure I made the changes correctly. But 2 days max then it’s sent back to you. Thank you!

If any well known member wants to use a Curtis oem level programmer, I can have it passed around.
Tips accepted. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just went to the mailbox and got the MM and the programmer. I’ll tinker around with it tomorrow around 11am. I’ll ship it back in 2 days. Hopefully tomorrow I won’t have any issues then it can go back sooner. Thanks again