Do you think that the Electric vehicles are the solution to road traffic noise?

Dear all,
I am a PHD student doing a research related with EV´s noise and vibrations. I would like tu request your help answering a questionnaire. it only takes you five minutes.

What is your opinion about road traffic noise? Do you think that the Electric vehicles are the solution?

Please, tell us your opinion. If you continue interested please contact Cristina at C.Mora-Rodriguez@lboro.ac.uk and I send you a questionnaire in order to obtein more information for my research.

Thanks in advance.

Best wishes,

Cristina Mora

Cristina

Hello and welcome.

To answer your question I have to say no. The modern automobile is almost silent in operation. Today’s traffic noise is largely “tire on pavement” and wind displacement related. (not counting trucks) Interestingly there have been proposals to include noise generators installed in electric cars to warn pedestrians of their existance in the area.

Interesting study, please come back from time to time and give us a thumbnail of the comments and any conclusions you are coming up with.

Rodney

Dear Rodney,

Thank for your opinion. If you are interested in colaborating with the research, I can send you the questionnaire by email, in order to collect more data.

Cristina

[quote=OLD HOUSEBOATER;29300]Cristina

Hello and welcome.

To answer your question I have to say no. The modern automobile is almost silent in operation. Today’s traffic noise is largely “tire on pavement” and wind displacement related. (not counting trucks) Interestingly there have been proposals to include noise generators installed in electric cars to warn pedestrians of their existance in the area.

Interesting study, please come back from time to time and give us a thumbnail of the comments and any conclusions you are coming up with.

Rodney[/quote]

ok rodneyadiehl@aol.co

Yes, they definitely are. Even if EVs can use noise generators, it can be a specific noise to warn pedestrians, the noise can be targeted and directed in front of a car or it can be proximity based. The type of sound can be also set up less distracting while distinctive enough to warn pedestrians. Proximity based sounds can be set up too which can automatically increase noise only when needed.

The bottom line is that EVs give EV manufacturers far greater scope to be creative with noises, etc. That is until the authorities poke their nose in lol