Chevy Volt

I am fairly hopeful that the Volt will actually attracta fair amount of interest and thereby increase the market for other types of electric vehicles. Once people see them around and here about their uncle with one they will go down and give one a testdrive.

This time next year you may be seeing one in your neighbourhood!

Time warp-
It is ten years later, and I just bought one of the last ones off the line.
Figured that this has to be as good as they got them, with fewer bugs to worry about.
Great car, but they lost money on each one sold - two reasons why GM stops production of a model.
I will be happy to get more than 60 miles per charge and never experience range anxiety.
Bolts do have a greater range, but feel and look to be cheaply made, cost more, have less accessible trunk space, and of course you can get stranded/ limited in the length of your trips until we have chargers virtually every where.

Anyone interested in a “New” GEM Long bed ?
I say “New” because it has only 37 miles on the odometer.
I bought it new in 2003, and drove it on 45 m.p.h roads here in Southern California just long enough to get pulled over for so doing. It has sat covered in my garage ever since, and is "as New - except for the batteries, which will of course need replacing.
It did get the onboard charger upgrade by a factory representative not long after I purchased it.
$4,000 for the New Gem longbed.

Steve
stevenmandell@verizon.net
909 450 7585