Battery dimensions

Whats the biggest size battery that will fit in a 2002 Gem 2 seater?
The dimensions of a Trojan T1275 is…
L 12 7/8 W 7 1/8 H 10 7/8 - 82lbs.
Is this the biggest battery that will fit?
Sometimes I run into deals on floor scrubber batteries that are bigger than the T1275.

I put in 6 GC12s that am told have identical exterior dimensions. The CG12 weigh 90 each. The battery box could handle a battery that is 1/4 inch bigger in L & W and the height could go another full inch. You would have to take loose the parking brake frame and tilt them on end. To get them in.

[QUOTE=chuckkent;13307]I put in 6 GC12s that am told have identical exterior dimensions. The CG12 weigh 90 each. The battery box could handle a battery that is 1/4 inch bigger in L & W and the height could go another full inch. You would have to take loose the parking brake frame and tilt them on end. To get them in.[/QUOTE]

That’s good info - thanks.
I’ve got 3 months to shop around find a deal.

Sam’s club has the GC12’s for $184. Same as Deka. The capacity of these batteries is awesome compaired to my Walmart Marine 29s. The last two weeks I can drive 4 or 5 miles and they are still at 98%. They are the heaviest batteries I have found. 90# each which equates to more lead and acid. Now if I can get about 12K miles out of them… :slight_smile: So far so good!