Battery confusion e825

Thank you so much.
Super grateful for amazing info.
WOW…that is crazy good info.
If i needed to replace these, deep marine , what are best type/brand of batteries to replace them with ?

I ran those packs in my 2000 when I first got it. i have a bunch of hills to deal with so I’m pushing the amp draw pretty hard. They worked well for about a year and then couldn’t keep up doing a long climb. Getting 4 years out of them is solid.

I also used 4 of them in my boat. That has fridges, lights, etc that run off the house batteries. I got about 4 years out of them there. topping them off with water was a huge pain in the butt. I went to sealed batteries when I replaced those.

I’m in the lithium camp now. I don’t think i’ll ever put a new set of lead acid batteries in a golf cart or Gem that I own. I’m running an old set of Chevy Volt packs in my 2016 (that was supposed to be a temporary bridge) and here I am almost 2 years later and they’ve been running trouble free.

The 22s samsung setup the guys have on here is pretty slick. I’m not sure where you’d install it on a 99-2002 though.

2002 front mount. Also fits in back with spat modification.
Front mount terminals

2 Likes

a 2002 e2 would be fine putting the SDI up front but for the e4 it would be far better to get some weight in the back to help improve the ride.

I’ve resorted to putting 2 12V batteries in the ‘wing’ compartments under the rear seat, wired together in parallel and feeding a 12V cig/outlet mounted in the rear seat support. Added a small 12VDC charger which is tied in parallel with the 120VAC input connector for the Zivan charger.

Any chance you have a picture of this? I have a 2002 sitting in my driveway that I need to get running for a buddy. Was thinking about trying to put a navitas AC kit in. Trying to decide where to put the battery.

My thought was to move the controller up front and battery in back

Some of y’all and your long responses… oy, we could have burned, crushed and be loading the carcass of that cart on the next space x by now. … :crazy_face:

1 Like