2008 Gem Car E6 won’t charge / turn on

This topic has been stretched out for so long that I don’t remember if you checked your grounds for the DC Converter?

Before ordering/replacing it, It might be worthwhile to try a few other things. I find it curious that it seems to have happened when you did a battery swap?

Locate the frame points under the PSDM where a bunch of black wires are screwed to the frame with a tek screw.
Remove the screw, clean ring terminals with a wire brush, scuff up frame, re-install screw.
(There may be more than one of these attachment points)

Also, check the DC Converter harness J4 at the PSDM. Remove, inspect, spray contact cleaner, reinstall connector with a bit of a skritch/wiggle.

Do the same at the DC Converter 12 pin plug.

Also → It might be worth inspecting Fuse 13 on the PSDM.

Okay, I did all of that and still same behavior of gem car.

But I didn’t check ground on DC converter, how do I do that?

Also, if this helps the diagnosis…there is an accessory little Bluetooth radio system connected through one of the 10amp fuses (F10)…it turns on with key off, but when I turn key on it turns off after a few moments. Not sure if related or if I messed something up when I removed the fuse to check if it was an issue wayyyy in the beginning of this after battery replacement.

Should I just get the DC converter? Is that what you think is bad?

Should I just get the DC converter? Is that what you think is bad?

It sure seems like it.
Your Sound Bar story is interesting, but I don’t think it is the cause of this. (I had you do the light bulb test).

Thank you so much! I just received the new converter yesterday and put it in and it is working!

I really appreciate your guidance from afar.

Nice job. We will make a gem tech out of you for sure.

1 Like