The Perfect Electric Vehicle

http://thunder-sky.com will sell me their 160 ah battery packs for $240 each. 368 watt hours at $0.65 a watt hour… if I buy 40 at a time for a 23kwh pack. That’s slightly more than “new dawn” is using in his Saturn EV conversion.

That’s $9,600 for your pack, so if I had the cash, I’d tripple the cells and put the flexible Solar Ovonics pannels all over the mini-van, including the rear windows :slight_smile: It would come to less than the price of a US made SUV these days…

I would go the other way. Somthing small and light like the GM Ultra-light or the 4 wheeled designs in the OScar project (I kind of like the “one design” that can be a car/truck/camper).

2 people, with GVW under 1000 lbs (without people but everything else).
Hybrid- probably fuel cell (closed cycle?). Mr Fusion would be OK too.
100amp battery (LiFePo4 or something other than PbA, Fireflys OK, NiFe?).
AC drive with all the bells and whistles

Targets:
40miles per charge (w/o H2)- 500 mile with H2 before recharge
60mph (55 cruise)
100 watt-h/mile at say 35mph or 150 watt-h/mile at 55/60 mph
Price- 15-20k USD
Production- 1 million per year

Greg

[QUOTE=Olie;614]I’d have a Delorean with AltairNano batteries and and onboard charger with a gas powered generator for long trips.[/QUOTE]

I own the World’s Fastest and Longest Range eLectric DeLorean. Yeah, Li batteries would be a lot better! :slight_smile: Perhaps when the cost comes down a lot! :confused:

I am using the PFFC20b as an on board charger. No room for a gas powered generator… but maybe one could be towed when needed! :smiley:

Dave Delman
eLectricDeLorean.com
evalbum.com/1482

Hi

Great site with all car specifications. Check it out.

http://www.data4car.com

WHile we are dreaming though, I came across an expermental power supply a few decades ago it was a nuclear battery basically a stack of solar cells with a small amount of radium painted on the surface two cells per radium strip. a stack the size of a car battery generates 12volts at 100 amps for … 3 million years. It was designed to power deep space probes, but they went with the plutonium thermopile instead, more power less chance of failure, surplus of plutonium. More practically speaking though the car should weigh about my weight otherwise it is wasting energy, (no matter how cheap), to lug the mass of the vehicle. If I had the funds I would build a fiberglass foam composite frame that seats two people. and weighs 200 pounds. A small motor would be capable of speeds of 80+ and a small battery pack, NIMH, or LI would be plenty for a 200+ mile range.

Just roll out a Shelby Ultimate Aero EV for me thanks. Yow! 202top speed 200 mile range and a high voltage 10 min quick charge. I just want to be in the other side of the building when it recharges.

How about a 4x4 like an old military style Hummer with solar panels for remote charging!