New member intro and lament

Hi everyone - Nick here - wanted to make the introduction… I drive a Chevy Volt, just got it this past summer. My favorite thing about it is that it functions similarly to a WWII submarine - switching from surface-running ICE to submerged silent running electric with the push of a button. Other than that, the smooth ride is fantastic, but that’s about all that has been smooth for me with my endeavor. I live in Philadelphia, where the ownership of an EV is ‘incentivised’ with the availability of curbside reserved parking for EV owners who install a charging station at the curb and jump through numerous hoops. I’ve jumped through all of the hoops, and a work order request for the reserved EV parking signs went in on the 5th of December, but here we are at the end of January, and I still don’t have the signs. Very frustrating, especially since many of my neighbors have no respect for the charging station (or for what we’re trying to do by owning an electric vehicle). Has anybody else had this kind of experience in Philly or any other city with the parking incentive? Let me know - looking forward to learning from your experience and sharing mine! Hope springs eternal, I suppose…