Maryland Governor drives the Spark EV

I shot this video of Martin O’Malley, the Governor of Maryland, driving the Spark EV at the GM’s Baltimore operations yesterday. This is the first official production electric car for GM (the EV1 was not available to the public) and they are building the electric motors and transmissions at the Baltimore facility.

[ame=http://youtu.be/Bwr6WQy91lQ]Governor Martin O’Malley Drives a Spark EV - YouTube[/ame]

Nice video Adam, this is the kind of stuff we need to see, more high-profile people driving electric cars and grabbing the headlines. The fact that this vehicle will be 100% produced in the US should help to feed the electric car industry and US nationalism.

Politicians should be [I]buying [/I]electric cars. O’Malley should put his money where his mouth is, you know! :slight_smile:

He would have little need for one though as he gets driven around everywhere.

Good to see a Maryland politician in an EV. I would suggest cutting that video down Adam. People have no attention span these days.

My attention span is just fine, thank you! Why, if youthink for a minute tha…ooo! a butterfly! I’m hungry. Why can’t penguind fly…

[QUOTE=evinstitute;15103]Good to see a Maryland politician in an EV. I would suggest cutting that video down Adam. People have no attention span these days.[/QUOTE]

Do you live in MD evinstitute?

Thanks for the tip. I like hearing constructive criticism.

[QUOTE=Adam;15123]Do you live in MD evinstitute?

Thanks for the tip. I like hearing constructive criticism.[/QUOTE]

Baltimore city!

As they say, any publicity is good publicity…:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=evinstitute;15125]Baltimore city![/QUOTE]

That’s unfortunate!