Lithium Cells in BMS disappeared, no Power

I think I killed him. He hasn’t been seen in 3 days?

I originally had instructions typed out all working from the little white plug and thought better of this and did not post. I then rewrote so that black meter probe is attached to battery post at the blue wire connection instead.

I may not have been clear enough?

1 Like

Yes you were, I was only remarking that part because I was the one that used to test the pins with both probes in the connector and… Ive learned the hard way

I’m alive @AssyRequired . Sorry for the extreme delay here, life got in the way a bit.

Pin Voltage
1 3.963
2 7.92
3 11.89
4 15.85
5 19.80
6 23.76
7 27.71
8 31.47
9 35.62
10 39.38
11 43.4
12 47.4
13 51.4
14 55.3
15 59.3
16 63.2
17 67.2
18 71.1
19 75.1
20 79.1
21 83.0
22 87.0
23 25.6
24 27
25 87.0

its a 22s battery so 23 and 24 aren’t used. The rest look good. Looks like you just need a new bms. Get the one for 24s not the 20s one

1 Like

Thank you @LithiumGods ! Is this the correct one?

yes that will work aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Thank you. I have ordered a replacement from the link referenced.

Hopefully there is a way to transfer configuration from one device to another.

@LithiumGods and @AssyRequired thank you for all the help.

The replacement BMS should be here shortly, is there a way to transfer the configuration over from one BMS to the other? Or should I start trying to take screenshots of everything now to get to to match up?

Screen shots of your present settings is always a good idea.
Start with basic Lipo settings and custom tune from there.
Settings page with Adv tab open, One/two pages are all you need.

1 Like

With your battery, start with the LI-ion default and build off that. Feel free to call me if you get stuck. You bought the battery from me so I have all the settings.

1 Like

@LithiumGods so you did a hell of a good job making up the bus bar that connects the negative from the battery to the BMS, but I don’t think I have the skill/tools to remake it.

The BMS uses two 7AWG cables, which, if my math is right, comes to an effective 4AWG connection. If I take 2AWG cable that I have on hand, crimp an eyelet on one end to connect to the battery, and then a butt splice on the other to both of the 7AWG wires from the BMS, then solder them for good measure, would this work?

Not sure if I am over or under thinking this.

I have seen a few different generations of that connector bar. I see a corner of it in the pic, but not the whole thing.

(pic please)

Me(personally) likes the fewest connections as possible.

So, I went a different direction.

I didn’t want to experience this water ingress issue again, and our NEV lives most of its life outside and can be exposed to Florida downpours. I wanted a bit more protection than just the vinyl cover again.

I got an IP67 box and put the BMS inside. To connect all the larger gauge wires, I went with 3 port Polaris connectors. This combined the two on each side of the BMS with the battery- and the P- I used 2 Gauge wire and ran out the Polaris connector, through a cable gland and to the battery and the fuse post.

I ran the connectors through cable glads for all the individual cell wires and while not watertight as it’s a multi wire situation, it’s definitely pretty well sealed. Once I decide I am happy, I’ll likely silicone around all of the glands.

So far, I am using the default lithium profile, and have been updating a few of the values that are different from the original profile screenshots I saved. A few don’t seem to want to send/save, so I will continue working on it. Connected up the charger and all seems to be doing well, likely will take it out for a drive tomorrow.