EV drivers in Texas?

All -

Mentioned in my forum intro that I work for the Texas A&M Transportation Institute, and got to drive a Leaf around for a couple of weeks to see how that impacted my driving behavior. It was a sweet car, but impractical for my current lifestyle (mom of young twins). :frowning: Hoping something more practical comes along in the next few years - I’d definitely go electric if I could!

At any rate, one of my researchers is doing a continuing study of air quality models for non-attainment areas, and was wondering if there is anyone here who lives in the D/FW, Houston, El Paso, or Austin areas (all air quality non-attainment area or nearly so)? If so, he’d be interested in recruiting some of you to provide data from EVs (or plug-in hybrids, even) for comparison with gas-powered vehicles.

If there is any interest, please let me know, and I can give some more info on how to participate.

If anybody would like to get involved with the study I suggest that they PM you with their details. Good luck.

Yes, that would be great, thanks for the suggestion. :smiley:

Perhaps you could keep us up-to-date with the study and even allow us to print the results in due course?

When the report is done, it will be published by TxDOT. Certainly I will be able to provide a link to the finished report. I think the project doesn’t end until August, so the report won’t likely be out before October.

Hi Hford

Did you get anyone sending you a PM about your study?

Regards,

Mark

Mark -

I’m afraid I have not received any replies from folks here on the forum. We have picked up 2 or 3 folks in Houston who responded to an ad on Craigslist - I know, I’m surprised it worked, too - but that is it. We certainly can use more participants, but we really need them to be from the D/FW (preferred at this point) or Houston areas, possibly from El Paso or Austin. Any suggestions for promoting this more? I don’t want to needlessly spam the forums - I hope to actually participate as an owner one day! :wink:

Hi Hford

I will have a think about this and PM you with some ideas.

Regards,

Mark