Electric Car decision making

Hi,

Im doing some research in electric cars and was wondering for some help.

Would any of you be able to tell me how long it took you to decide to purchase an electric car?

Many Thanks,
Sophie123:)

About two weeks. We were interested in EV’s, and stopped in to a Mitsubishi dealer to check-out it’s new electric. It was “love at first sight”. Then we did some detailed record-keeping about our driving habits. Both being retired, we have pretty regular habits of going places. Roughly 90 %+ of our driving would be within the range of the EV (round trip). The other, longer trips, would be covered by our older car, a Honda CRV. The rest is history.

[QUOTE=Sophie123;11651]Hi,

Im doing some research in electric cars and was wondering for some help.

Would any of you be able to tell me how long it took you to decide to purchase an electric car?

Many Thanks,
Sophie123:)[/QUOTE]

I’ve wanted an EV since forever. When Toyota released their RAV4-EV around 1998 I wanted one, but they were fleet only, lease only. When I found out in 2002 that they were actually for sale, it took about 6 hours to decide. And only that long because I needed to refi my house to afford it.

In 2012 Th!nk announced their clearance sale. Even at that clearance price it was still more than I could currently afford. This time the decision took about 4 hours. I’m back in an EV! :slight_smile: