02 gem e825 -51 code

hi there, i bought a gem a couple of years ago, put new interstate batteries in it and was running fine for two years, sat over the winter and wouldn’t run after that. i just charged all 6 batteries on a 2a charger individually, still get the -51 code. and dont get the clunk when i turn everthing on. i have a zivan charger on it. i plug a cord into the port and it just makes the buzzer sound and the red light on the dash blink. any thoughts on what it could be? all batteries are charged up to good levels.

just got the onboard charger to kick on. slowly making progress with this dam thing. also the headlights dont work, everything else turns on, they never worked since i got it. didnt know if it was a common problem. just figured i could trouble shoot some more while i got it torn apart. thank you

got rid of the codes and everything looks as it should, had a bad battery, replaced and shows 100 full. get the clunk now when i turn the key on. i hit the peddal and then northing happens. got power to the motor. im stuck here any help???

Brushes are probably stuck in the motor and not making contact or commutator is fouled from setting.

Free up brushes and cleanup commutator with 220. Lightly sand brush faces with 220 also.

Rodney

so pull the motor off and put it on the bench and give it a quick sanding?

Yes. Remove the brushes from the holders. Clean up the holders and sand all 4 sides of the brushes. Brushes need to be sloppy in the holders.

In a message dated 10/2/2017 8:23:11 AM US Eastern Standard Time, electricforum@discoursemail.com writes:

gmkiller88
October 2so pull the motor off and put it on the bench and give it a quick sanding?
Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.
In Reply ToOld_HouseboaterModerator
September 30Brushes are probably stuck in the motor and not making contact or commutator is fouled from setting. Free up brushes and cleanup commutator with 220. Lightly sand brush faces with 220 also. Rodney
Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.
To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.