Magic Magnet review thread "price increase"

@Inwo – got your package in the mail. Excited to get this operational.

Are there instructions / guide / forum thread you can link me to?

Thanks,
-Josh

It plugs inline to motor sensor wires. That’s it.
It changes speedometer reading.
If you change your speedometer to kph, it will read 0-40mph correctly.

How do I go about purchasing a magic magnet for my 2002 e825 Gem?

PM @Inwo he will take good care of you!

Post your experience and some instructions. I could do it but, my wife tells me that nobody knows what I’m talking about. :slight_smile:

I promise I will post it soon. For the record, I opted for the programmer instead of a Magic Magnet because I want to be able to adjust multiple settings.

I am really busy for the next week or two and won’t get to post til after that. When I get to it, I will chronicle my entire build with key learnings for others to use. I might even take a pass at translating the BMS doc into real English once I’ve fully decoded the meaning of each piece :slight_smile: You’ve done a masterful job of developing the technical solutions and I think if we can create a manual for others, it will help them to take the leap. I searched dozens of posts for all the bits needed to do the Volt conversion. I owe it to all who shared that to try to consolidate into a Volt tutorial that compiles all of that info into a concise document for all to enjoy… now to find the time :slight_smile:

I was looking for MM info. I always forget who has what! :slight_smile:
Other than, plug it in, I don’t know how to explain the installation.

Do you have a MM available for a 2011 eS?

Yes, they’re all the same.

Have 2014 Polaris Gem 4 seater interested in a magic magnet - advise how to get one.

$135 with a note.

I have a 2007 e4 and would like to get more mph. What do you suggest?

Hi! Do you have any magnets available? We need to increase speed on a 2018 E4.

Nothing for the new ac cars.

Will encoder spoofing work on an ac car?
I doubt it!
Yet,… it’s worth a shot. :slight_smile:

Will one of the inline switch styles work with a D&D motor?

Not if it has a 1/2 pole magnet.
I made a prototype to correct speedometer, but never produced them. Easier to go back to stock magnet.

Ps.
No, spoofing will not work in the a.c. cars. Not even changing the encoder.

Well that is a bummer…

Yes it is. In case my electronics were the problem. I replaced the 64 pulses per rotation with a 50 ppr encoder.
Doesn’t like it at all.
I believe that it’s difficult getting zero speed torque from an induction motor. Polaris uses some fancy programming to get motor started, using timed pulses. (Guess)
I did not test at speed. Worry about fubar my new Gem.
I’ll send the encoder to someone with larger cajones.