Magic Magnet review thread "price increase"

Sold MM on Ebay to a cx who swapped gears to 12/1. Wanted it to correct speedometer and restore speed.
Reports working great.

Item as described. Great transaction
Member id ********

NEW Adjustable Magic Magnet High speed fix Gem Car Golf Cart Tomberlin (#232115853553)

Product update, purchased the original MM from Dave back in April, has been working like a charm since in the Club Car I installed it in. Daily driver with no problems. Great guy to deal with, glad to see your continued updating of a great device.

Greg

Rodney might have information on your T3.

Worry about wearing the tach plugs on my Gems.
Or the hood latch.:smiley:

Pic testing Rodneys new #3 fixed speed MM.

Starting to hear good things about the MM-KPH.
3+1 setting allows speedometer to read correct to 40.

This one does it all Gives performance increase that every one wants and allows speedometer to read real MPH when set on KPH. Actually the only MM you will ever need.

Rodney

I did not see it here so if it was mentioned just delete this but have you looked at SKI-DOO style learning keys. You can set the max output. I believe Kawasaki uses something similar. They use them on rental skis to keep the kids from doing 85mph.

There has been some interest. I put together an rfid mm. That would remove speed limit when key chain was near.
I don’t remember if Grant tested it or not. I believe there were other issues and it got put in a drawer.
If there is interest I can get back to the project.

Will this work on a 2001 model Gem car?

Yes, works on any dc motor with standard tach plug.

Adjustments won’t change performance at all. Nor does installing it.
It only changes the speedometer reading.
The way it comes, p1 and p2 jumpers, reads 0-40 when set to kph on gem speedometer.
If it’s a little off you can adjust in about 2mph increments.
A binary sequence by 1/16. ie. pin #4 jumper = 8/16 or 1/2
The 1 means jumper in place. The pin on the end with no jumper is #4.
0000 adds only ~2mph. No jumpers.
1010 is where it’s set now.
0110 is next
1110 The 4th pin is not needed
0001 = 1/2 (speedometer reads half speed)

Are these still available? I did some ebay searching and came up blank.

I’m hard to find. :slight_smile:
Yes,
Send $100 to barbjb@acegroup.cc with a note.
Dave

I wanted to send you an email of praise. This is exactly what I needed in my life. I was able to reach GPS clocked speeds of 36+ mph which also read correctly when I set the display to KM/h

Lastly, I just wanted to pick your brain in regards to how this effects the longevity of the motor as well as your recommended best operating conditions? Honestly I was debating buying a new motor to obtain this type of performance so I’m already in the “green”.

Thank you again and if/when I get another Gem car I will be reaching out for another Magic Magnet.

Sold out for now.
I’ll post when I get time to build more.

I assume this is not you selling one ebay?

We are ready for one when you have more…

Yes it is.
I received a couple letters of praise and built another 10 pcs.
Send $125 friends and family for free shipping.
tnx
Dave

@Inwo
Paypal? Address?

Thanks Mike

Hey Dave (Inwo),

Just stumbled across this thread and am looking to buy one of your Magic Magnets. What’s the best way to purchase?

I haven’t made any model 1/2 in a while.
Is the price an issue for anyone?
Might make another batch.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the explanation. I found this item that seems to do the trick:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Speed-Magnet-For-Club-Car-DS-Precedent-Carryall-48-Volt-IQ-GE-Motor/261529306973?epid=1391149976&hash=item3ce45c875d:g:Dc8AAOSwstxVCNmF

I realize it doesn’t have the sophisticated speedometer setting or the portability but I can’t justify $90 for those features. I can afford to pay $50 for it. Let me know

Raz