Magic Magnet review thread "price increase"

Been doing testing and feeling at this point that for stock GE motors:

6.25% Is pretty safe

12.5% is for the guy that isn’t afraid to take a chance and is smart enough to go for it with a cold motor and sprints not balls to the wall journeys .

50% for the RFF/Marlon crowd.

In 3 weeks i’ll be back and do heat testing at each setting on 5hp short and 5hp heavy duty GE motors.

I REALLY like the Idea of the plug in “keys” for the setting changes. This really works well for the Club Car Crowd

1 Like

The key could be wired remotely to an actual key switch if wanted.

Keep the ideas coming.

As far as keys. Have you guys seen the “Push to Start” kits ? The use a RFID (remote Field Identification). It’s a key fob. So when you are with in range your car lights up and can be started with the common Start/Stop button. Example
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HCAYQ0G/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1471867499&sr=8-3&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=push+start+ignition+kit&dpPl=1&dpID=515AS1fB65L&ref=plSrch

Some high performance cars have different Remote Fobs that “UN lock” or allow the car to go into high performance mode. Example the dodge hell cat has a Black key that only allows the car 3-400 hp the Red key allows the car to use all 700 HP.
It would be cool to have the same thing. One FOB would keep the car at stock settings while another fob could give the user the high performance settings

1 Like

See it was delivered today.
Let me know if you have questions.
Switch off adds 1-2mph.
P1 & P2 are the next steps.
The extra wire on the switch is step 3, if needed.

Looking at wireless control.
Would a 2 button remote work?
On and off.
Think I have some like that.

How about this?
A = on
B = off

Prototype for testing.

MM tip:

Set to 40mph, C. to P1 and P3, or switch 1 and 3.
Set speedometer to read kph.
Speedometer will read correctly 0-40mph.;):smiley:

Calculated speed change.
As shipped.
Adds 1.6mph (all the same)
Switch #1 alone adds 3.5mph
Switch #2 alone adds 5.7mph
#1 and also #2 adds 8.3mph
#3 alone adds 11.3mph

1 Like

First try at remote control.

1 Like

RFID Grants idea! :slight_smile:

Any other gadget freaks?

Raises speed limit only if you have the key in your pocket. Other drivers go slow.
No wiring. Plugs in.
This would also work for anti theft or connected to turf switch, without MM.

[quote=Inwo;32545]MM tip:

Set to 40mph, C. to P1 and P3, or switch 1 and 3.
Set speedometer to read kph.
Speedometer will read correctly 0-40mph.;):D[/quote]
Dave,

your a genius ! but everyone already knows that . i’m wondering if I were to switch to kph and then adjust roiling radius and gear ratios in the controller , I could get it to read accurately to 36mph ? if it works I owe you a beer!

Sure, same thing.
How will I sell any MM that way? :slight_smile:

Thanks for feedback. I often feel lonely on here.:slight_smile:

I would recommend your mm over someone buying the software and reprograming. the majority of what people want is to override the 25 mph limit . there is no cheaper / faster way to do it then your mm . also your mm now lets the gauge show over 25 ! that’s awesome .

keep up the good work .

p.s. I haven’t been on the forum much because of my boating projects , but i’m almost finished with that and well go back to playing with my gem.

For the technical minded.
This is the 15/16 setting.

For everybody’s information I have Dave’s Super Duper 4 dip switch unit.

You are able to program any amount of pulses down to 1/2 .

This unit is suited for the uber enthusiast who likes to do various performance enhancements.

This IS A FUN unit.

For the average owner I recommend Dave’s limited version that is pretty safe for stock motors.

If you don’t reprogram the standard MM has the widest appeal and the buyer is aware of its performance capability.

Potting…

A MM with #2 setting wakes up a cart and has a good chance of not blowing a motor. I asked Dave to build me one.

Thinking of supplying as standard on all my rebuilds. Buyers like a bit over 25 MPH without surging. Rodney likes HAPPY customers without having to worry about come backs.

Testing a repair model MM.
Restores normal function of high speed magnet to normal magnet function.
Switch to go from 1/2 to stock.
Optional led indicator for sensor check. (all models)

Need tester…